Plant Sale 2014
Saturday, May 10th
ORDER YOUR PLANTS TODAY, SUPPORT YOUR LOCAL CHAPTER,
GROW THE MOST DELICIOUS, REWARDING GARDEN YET!
WHAT IS THE ARK OF TASTE?
The Ark of Taste travels the world collecting small-scale quality productions that belong to the cultures, history and traditions of the entire planet: an extraordinary heritage of fruits, vegetables, animal breeds, cheeses, breads, sweets and cured meats.
The Ark was created to point out the existence of these products, draw attention to the risk of their extinction within a few generations, invite everyone to take action to help protect them. In some cases this might be by buying and consuming them, in some by telling their story and supporting their producers, and in others, such as the case of endangered wild species, this might mean eating less or none of them in order to preserve them and favor their reproduction.
HOW IS SLOW FOOD VERMONT SUPPORTING THIS GREAT PROJECT?
We are proud to be partnering with Grow Team ONE again this year to participate in their annual plant sale!
New this year, we have several ways to buy these packs:
- You can pre-buy your packs online and pick them up on-site at 2 locations!
- If you’d like to pay cash, PLEASE go to the Grow Team ONE Plant Sale at HO Wheeler School in the Old North End in Burlington. SFVT will have a stand set up there and will be able to take cash or check, or you can also pick up plants that you have pre-bought.
- If you’d like to pick up plants at the Burlington Farmers’ Market in City Hall Park, they will be at Half Pint Farm‘s farmstand, BUT you must pre-buy them below to pick them up there.
Half Pint Farm is growing out all these great plants for us this year, and donating 100% of the proceeds to Slow Food VT!
In this year’s packs you will be pleased to find the following rare and endangered varieties that grow well in Vermont and were chosen for their deliciousness, unique qualities and beauty in your garden:
- Aunt Ruby’s German Green Tomato
- German Pink Tomato
- Jimmy Nardello’s Sweet Pepper
- Fish Pepper
- Beaver Dam Pepper
- Aunt Molly’s Ground Cherry